Katie Ashwill Allen serves as a Disability Access Liaison for the National Resource Center for Reaching Victims. Katie works together with the Deaf Access Liaison and Spoken Language Access Liaison to implement the NRC’s language access, accommodations, and inclusion plan. Katie works with NRC partners and staff to ensure that trainings, events, resources, and materials promote access and inclusion for people with disabilities, Deaf people, people who have limited English proficiency, and people from other marginalized communities. She creates resources about accessibility, reviews materials and proposals, and provides accessibility considerations and guidance.
Prior to joining the NRC team, Katie coordinated a national technical assistance center designed to improve access to employment for people with disabilities across eighteen states. Katie also served as disability project coordinator at the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center to enhance the access and safety of quality services for survivors of sexual violence with disabilities in the Boston area. Throughout this time, Katie conducted accessibility assessments of local businesses with the Cambridge Commission for Persons with Disabilities, and monitored accessibility protocols on Boston’s public transportation system.
Katie currently lives in Oberlin, Ohio. She received her Master’s in Social Work from the Boston University School of Social Work in 2013.
- Just Ask: A Toolkit to Help Advocates Meet the Needs of Crime Victims with Disabilities
- Just Ask: A Toolkit to Help Attorneys and Prosecutors Meet the Needs of Crime Victims with Disabilities
- Just Ask: A Toolkit to Help Law Enforcement Personnel Meet the Needs of Crime Victims with Disabilities
- Accessibility Tip Sheet for Virtual Meetings and Events Tip Sheet
- Using Zoom Accessibly Tip Sheet Video