Paths to Healing in the Deaf Community
Paths to Healing in the Deaf Community is a way to give a voice to Deaf survivors of violence and share information on how to heal from the trauma of such experiences. The videos feature interviews with survivors of crime who are Deaf and highlight their experiences from victimization to becoming a survivor; how to recognize symptoms of stress and trauma, when to implement self-care techniques or to seek help, examples of self-care techniques, and how to create a plan for healing.
All videos feature people from the Deaf community as well as reflect the diversity of that community, including individuals from the LGBTQ community, people of color, and older adults.
This video series includes:
- Trauma: Physical Signs, Emotional Signs, and How to Talk About Trauma.
- Survivor Story 1
- Survivor Story 2
- Survivor 1 Story Transcript
- Survivor 2 Story Transcript
- Physical Emotional: How to Transcript
- Self-Care Ideas
- TXT Survivor 1 Story Transcript
- TXT Survivor 2 Story Transcript
- TXT Physical Emotional: How to Transcript
- TXT Self-Care Ideas