Anneliese Brown is the lead on the National Resource Center for Reaching Victim’s work to enhance victim services to better reach and meet the needs of crime victims with disabilities and Deaf crime victims. Anneliese has been working to address domestic and sexual violence for over 15 years, and in 2014 began working closely with community collaborations striving to improve services to victims of domestic and/or sexual violence who have disabilities or are Deaf. In recent years, she has expanded this work to include supporting college campuses in enhancing their response to student survivors with disabilities and Deaf student survivors. She has also provided technical assistance and training to communities working to create or enhance supervised visitation services for victims of domestic violence. Additionally, Anneliese has coordinated statewide efforts in Vermont to improve the response of the criminal and civil justice systems to domestic and sexual violence, including the provision of advocacy services to incarcerated women who have experienced domestic and/or sexual violence.
Anneliese has presented to national audiences on a variety of issues related to domestic and sexual violence and victimization, including providing accessible services to victims with disabilities and Deaf victims, working with students with disabilities and Deaf students who experience domestic and sexual violence on college campuses, supervised visitation and exchange in cases of domestic violence, developing policies that account for access and victim safety, and creating and sustaining successful collaborations. Her work is grounded in her experience serving victims and children in Maine, Vermont, Alaska, and California. Anneliese has a bachelor’s degree in women’s studies and psychology from Bates College in Maine.
- Promoting Accessible and Inclusive Services for Victims with Disabilities: A Webinar for VOCA Administrators Webinar
- Just Ask: A Toolkit to Help Advocates, Attorneys, and Law Enforcement Meet the Needs of Crime Victims with Disabilities Tip Sheet Toolkit Video
- Asking about Accommodations: An Instructional Video for Victim Advocates Video
- Asking about Accommodations: An Instructional Video for Attorneys Video
- Asking about Accommodations: An Instructional Video for Law Enforcement Video